Originally Posted by test1328
rost,
Would you go with the Sierra 65gr BSP Gameking over the above two in a 1-7? Thanks for your help.

For what it's worth I've loaded 100 of the Sierra 65gr Gamekings to max load in the book we were using, and they grouped well out of my 16" 1-7 chrome-lined 5.56 chambered carbine. We do not have a chrono to test MV so I can't give you that. I'm not an experienced hand loader, I don't even own any equipment of my own. My BIL was doing it with me and we just used a max load straight out of the book for that bullet and I was satisfied with the accuracy given the optics and standard mil-spec type trigger I have in this fighting/working grade rifle. I intended to run that bullet through a mule deer or wolf, but alas I do not have terminal performance reports for you on game. It did expand, hold together, and track straight through 2 walls of a 16 gauge steel truck box, 2 phone books, and an old 2x6 plank though...again FWIW.

Oh and I shoot cheap 55gr fmj's all day long, with combat accuracy (easily 1.5-2"), thru this rifle as well.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine