Originally Posted by TWR
I'm thinking or hoping at least that twist had less to do with your blow ups than a bad barrel.

I've shot a few hundred of the blitz kings in 50 gr in a Colt 1/7 with no issues and I'm pretty sure I shot some Winchester White box 45 gr hollow points in the same barrel. I know I shot them in a 1/8 Krieger.

I've had a few Colt 16" pencil barrels and 1, 14.5" Colt barrel along with a buddy who has a few himself. I used to shoot 40 and 50 gr bullets at coyotes and was always looking for a "better" bullet. My buddy still prefers the 50 gr American Eagle hollow point, which I know I shot at least a few thousand rounds in all of my AR's cause we ordered them by the case for $149/1000 shipped. We ordered quite a few cases and shot them for everything.

But I shoot 77gr SMK's or NCC's now, they handle wind better and kill very well, that's why I like 1/7 twisted barrels.

There is also this bit of info, backed up by more than one AMU unit, that if shooting the heavier pills, the 7 produces better longer range groups more consistently, than what a BR shooter would do , IE go to the least twist required.

I know that in comparison a 7.7 twist vs a 7 twist and sample of lets just say more than one sample, that the 7 gave us consistently higher scores and smaller groups on the 600 yard line. The 7.7 should suffice. The 7 should be overstable...

Dont' know why, just did and so roll with what works vs arguing how it should or shouldnt by calculation etc...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....