Originally Posted by goodshot
I have owned 4 of the older 3 x 10 x 40 grand slams and two older VX3. 2.5-8-36 leupold. Frankly the leupold had a bit better eye relief, but I felt through my own informal testing the grand slam had better glass than the OLD VX3. I still have the weavers, and just bought another one on close out from midway. The older leupolds have been traded away. I also have picked up 3 weaver super slams that I think are great at reduced prices. Both brands make fine products. I think weaver has suffered from instability in ownership, not product, which lead to poor dealer support. Leupold is a fine scope that will serve you will, but so is weaver, vortex etc. I am one tat likes to try new and different products, many like to stay with what has worked for them for years......nothing wrong with that. I have right now products from leupold, weaver, Bushnell elite 4200 , Nikon monarch, vortex viper and viper hs........honestly......they are all fine and have strengths and
weaknesses. Most are in talley lw rings or the mounts made by leupold or grim reaper. I think you will like either one just fine. Happy Hunting. Goodshot

Goodshot,

That was an intelligent, well thought out comment. Full of insight, common sense, and Humility. THERE IS NO PLACE ON THE INTERNET FOR THAT KIND OF CRAP! By god pick a side and call whomever disagrees with you childish names.

Shato

Last edited by shatodavis; 08/30/13.