Guys the leupolds I was referring too were older vari x III.in my Mind the new VX2 (current model) has much better glas than the old VX lll. I think the VX2 is a great value today. Like I said, all the mentioned products work. I think it is interesting that the current ad campaign by Leupold is all about ruggedness, nothing about optical quality. This means nothing really, maybe the next round of ads will be about new optic quality. One thing I do know, it's very diffacult to remain on top forever. Folks are gunning for you all the time. Leupold has done a masterful job and deserves much credit. I am a compulsive tinkerer that enjoys trying stuff. I have custom model 700s, Win Model 70, Ruger 77, Montana 1999, Tikka, Sako and can't leave out Weatherby I even have a couple of early Marlin XS7 and it's crazy how good those shoot forthe $. In other words as Mule Deer would say I'm a Rifle and Optics Looney. By the way, I just ordered a Vortex Viper HD spotting scope and Vipe HD 10x42 biconoculars. I finally drew a buck Antelope tag in Montana........now am I taking my 25-06, 257 Weatherby ,Custom 700 in either 250 AI, 6.5-06AI, 280AI, Sako a7 in .270 or my 6.5 creedmoor Ruger 77 with a rifle Basix trigger added. Oh and by the way I think I need a Forbes 24B in .280 rem so I could sell all those and just hunt.....but that wont happen. I buy the Forbes because I'm crazy. Safe hunting to all this fall. goodshot

Last edited by goodshot; 08/30/13.