Originally Posted by goodshot
I have owned 4 of the older 3 x 10 x 40 grand slams and two older VX3. 2.5-8-36 leupold. Frankly the leupold had a bit better eye relief, but I felt through my own informal testing the grand slam had better glass than the OLD VX3. I still have the weavers, and just bought another one on close out from midway. The older leupolds have been traded away. I also have picked up 3 weaver super slams that I think are great at reduced prices. Both brands make fine products. I think weaver has suffered from instability in ownership, not product, which lead to poor dealer support. Leupold is a fine scope that will serve you will, but so is weaver, vortex etc. I am one tat likes to try new and different products, many like to stay with what has worked for them for years......nothing wrong with that. I have right now products from leupold, weaver, Bushnell elite 4200 , Nikon monarch, vortex viper and viper hs........honestly......they are all fine and have strengths and
weaknesses. Most are in talley lw rings or the mounts made by leupold or grim reaper. I think you will like either one just fine. Happy Hunting. Goodshot

What is an old VX-3? "VX-3" is the name for the vary latest generation of that type scope from Leupold.

Do you mean Vari-X III? If so, do you mean one predating full multicoating?