Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Why only change the oil once a year? I suppose one might get by with a 12 month interval at the outside, but I would imagine most people hit the mileage interval well before that. I know some of the Hondas specify a 600 mile interval, some probably longer, but oil breaks down after it has been exposed to combustion by-products. I'd run cheaper oil before I stretched the change intervals that far. Certainly twice a year won't break the bank, and in severe climates, once a month has worked out very well for us (though I do cheat and follow the mileage spec on our Yam/Griz. At 800 miles per change, that means about 5-7 changes per year.)

If I need to change it more I certainly want to.
I just dont know how often to change it.I am certain I will be running the Machine about 50 miles a month for 10 and a half months and probably 10 miles a day for the deer season.
If I dont sink it and get water in it, riding 2 to 15 MPH or so during the off season with the toughest riding(most mud and water and stop and goes )during the deer season,how often would you suggest changing the oil ?The plug,the diff and gear oil?Air and oil filter?
Thanks
Craig

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money