Originally Posted by bcraig
....how often would you suggest changing the oil ?The plug,the diff and gear oil?Air and oil filter?
Thanks
Craig

I just don't feel comfortable keeping the same oil in these little engines more than about three or four months. When in doubt, I change it. In the cold months, especially when the engine may not get thoroughly warmed during short periods of use, I change the oil each month. Oil filters come out every time for replacement. I generally use EMCO, but I'll use a FRAM from time to time (since it comes with an O-ring for the cover which can sometimes leak if it gets sliced a bit when the cover is removed or replaced.)

I like to change the gear cases fluids every year, though Honda suggests 2 years for the interval. I check the air filter from time to time to see how much dirt is getting into the box; they say every 600 miles. I must admit that I rarely even turn a spark plug on these ATVs. I think I've changed the plug once - just because it seemed like something that should be done- on my 98 300 TRX; that machine must have at least 30,000 miles on it.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.