Speaking of Magnum cylinders.

I have only had a couple experiences with these switchable cylinder revolvers. I may have just had an off manufacture on the one I owned. But the other was not "great" either.

Because the barrel is a bit bigger the .22 rimfire bullets just did not seem as accurate as I would have liked. Neither one of the guns was a double action or even a S&W, so that may have been the problem.

I'll say this, those .22 magnums are lethal far and away beyond their diminutive capacity. I'm not sure what more a person would want for an inside the house self defense round. If the crazy high performance of those little bullets does not kill or debilitate an intruder, the muzzle blast will likely knock him unconscious anyway. Is there a sharper more painful report, and muzzle blast from any handgun made today?

I've killed some stuff with the .22 mag, some pretty big stuff. Things you would no way ever consider it to be effective on. I'm not suggesting that the .22 mag is a big game cartridge, however It will deliver a far more devastating lethal impact then what I would have ever imagined had I not done this and seen it with my own eyes............. plenty of times!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)