Originally Posted by Savage_99
When choosing a .22 LR handgun consider an autoloader instead for these reasons.

The autoloading pistol is easier to shoot and carry well and easier to aim well.

A autoloader can be carried in the field in my back pocket butt down, shirt out and be concealed and comfortable to carry. I carry mine chamber empty.

The autoloading 22 can be aimed with your other hand reaching under it's barrel to steady it. We can't do this with revolvers!

[Linked Image]

<sigh>

first, the revo can be carried with different types of ammo. Say snake shot in the first chamber, and high velocity hollow points in the rest. The auto frequently won't function correctly with the snake shot, or with subsonic loads. The revo won't care.

The revo does not litter the landscape with empties when you shoot it, which can be an issue sometimes.

I don't know of any instructor who suggests a grip as you suggest. If you want a rest under the barrel, use a fence post, a mono pod, or something similar.

And I do have three .22 autos. Neither the Browning Medalist, nor the High Standard victor are especially easy to carry. The little Ruger .22 SRP is the one exception, but it's a casual plinker, not a target gun.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."