Originally Posted by alukban
I ended up with RJM's 34/35 last year smile

It may not be "the best" by any objective measure but all I know is that it hits a 4" plate at 25y in DA standing like you were throwing magnets at a refrigerator.

There is something about the sight radius of a 6" barrel on a TINY steel I-frame - ridiculously handy but practical field accuracy aplenty!

[Linked Image]

...yea it was lust at first trigger pull wasn't it.... laugh

I figured if I didn't sell it to you I simply would have disappeared...and you would have ended up with it anyway.

The S&W Model 53 .22 Jet is a one hell of a machine... But the round from a 6" revolver isn't all it's cracked up to be. Factory Jet ammo is hard to find and expensive when you do. Also the only loads now available are loaded with the Hornady .222 Jet bullets that are not as accurate as the original Remington 40 grain soft points. Velocity is only in the 1700 fps range and that is only a little faster than a .22 Magnum from a 6" barrel.

Put about 1000 rounds of Jet through mine and ended up having to find a new barrel. The forcing cone looked like a funnel and there was a loose spot in the barrel about 1" in front of the forcing cone. Jets are not only hard on the barrel but one round without hearing protection can cause permanent tinnitus...the frequency of the blast has to be experienced to be appreciated.

It is too bad Smith never made a 6" 651 .22 Magnum with an extra Long Rifle cylinder..that would have been a nice "Outdoorsman's Gun"...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....