Originally Posted by 405wcf
I have killed a grand total of three speed goats, all near Big Timber, MT. There was virtually no sage brush where we were hunting. It was all grass. The pronghorn tasted like veal! Very mild flavor.

I have also taken mule deer in WY where they fed on sage brush and they were nasty.

My guess from the Great Lakes is that sage has something to do with taste. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Just because an antelope eats sagebrush doesn't make it nasty. The care of the meat and choice of shot is what makes it nasty. I've been taking pronghorn my whole life and if you shoot one, don't make a good shot and it runs, you are screwed. If you shoot one that has been running, you are screwed. If you get one down and dress it and then ride around in the back of a truck for hours, you're screwed. Get it down, get it dressed and get it cold.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]