Harruuummmmpphhh!!!!!

NO, I did NOT speak in error, I very specifically stated that the Model 70s are NOT ...REAL... CRF, which is the factual truth and the Brnos, etc, ARE, as they HAVE all of the original Mauser design parts and interacting adjustments.

Since, the bits and pieces concerned here are mentioned above, I won't belabour the point but, the characteristic function of a "Patterne 98" Mauser and a P-64, Classic or the latest FN Mod. 70s ARE different and the latter CAN bobble due to lacking true Mauser features.

The 70s, are "CRF", as we usually think of it and some are fine rifles, I have 14 of them and have had 45 to date. However, there are so many totally different major parts in a Mod. 70 as compared with the superb Mauser 98 design, that they are NOT at all the same action, although the 70 seems to be an adaptation and descendant of the Mauser.

The bolt lock, bolt release lock, breeching, ejector (Newton), trigger, tang design and safety are ALL "non" Mauser, in design and most of these are NOT as reliable as the originals, so, I do not regard any Mod. 70 as a "Mauser", but merely as a "mauser type", as in double opposed front locking lugs, long spring extractor and staggered box magazine features being of Mauser origin.

Now, AS these come from the FACTORY and for HUNTING, I PREFER a good P-64-70 to the majority of the superb Brno 21/22 rifles, for several reasons. I prefer the ZG to any, IF, that is the ONLY design you will be using and, for most people, today, I consider the Mod. 70s to be THE way to go....but, once you get into customizing, then, the Brnos are unbeatable, IMHO.