That rifle in particular,has sold alotta rifles in particular and that in just these last coupla weeks. Same old adage,in that good stuff sells itself.

Very easy to load the crummy up with assorted platforms in like chambering(s) and let folks shake things out for themselves,in Real World conditions(wind) and to the extent of their desires,as distance goes. Though the 75A-Max is new to me,as is the 223 chambering,F&S reports that boolit/cartridge melding to stay supersonic to 1100yds+ from Milford Level air density/temps,from a modest 22" length SAAMI spout. 1000yds is sub 31MOA from a 225 zero and the recoil though rather sharp,remains manageable.(grin) It defeats the 1:1 Wind Ratio(distance at which 1MPH of wind influences a 1MOA correction) to 1000yds+,so it seems that nice things would be mechanically arranged by inherent default. 2000fps of impact,is arranged to the These things sound plausible to me.(grin) Fairly skookum arrangement,for less than 25grs of powder,per victim.

In fairness however,the 64gr Nosler from a like zero at 3150fps,eats 56.75MOA to the 1000yd line and hits the 1:1 Wind Ratio at the 575yd line. But on the bright side,it dips subsonic inside the 650yd line. All of which is plum [bleep] Sportin'.(grin) The 50gr X has an identical BC and a 14gr velocity headstart,which would seem to grant advantages,from the muzzle onwards.(grin)

So while I'd be the last to rain on a Turd Polisher's Ping Pong Ball BC Party,it do seem that boolits matter farrrrrr more than headstamps. Fact is...when talking Twist Chow,that adding weight is purposely pissing up ropes. That due the fact,that Chowtitude is a function of boolit length,not weight and when approaching max length quotients for a given twist rate,I'm ALWAYS gonna drop weight(to bank the velocity increase) and get my length(BC),via vastly superior projectile design...regarding both form and function. It's called "having your cake and eating it too" (F&S Sept. '91).

Plagiarized pic,from F&S and this morning's issue. If only for conversation,though the crux will fly over heads,which is of course more than half the [bleep] fun.(grin).

[Linked Image]

F&S made a great point,way back in The Day,when they cited that in order to reap these vastly superior benefits,one needn't trade anything away. The above Sleeping Beauty,caught the Sleeping Pill inside 25yds,which is neither here nor there and the very premise,in that there are no concessions at ANY distance or atmospheric condition. Thinkin' that's a rather nice constant,to have in the bank. The upside being,there ain't no downside,in either Theory or Application. Funny how facts is routinely comfortin'.(grin)

Fun to take a Red Ryder and pit it against Heavy Mettle and after doing so,everyone always greedily grabs for a 'Ryder.(grin) Seen it 1000's of times.

[Linked Image]

One of these days I'll have 7",8",9",10",12" and 14" twist 223's,to compare objectively and to finally see if there is sumptin' to all boolits,mebbe might not bein' equal,in their relative abilities.

[Linked Image]

Until then,I'll slum along makin' due,with F&S in my hip pocket and a 'Ryder on my shoulder.(grin) Fact is,a 'Ryder may even shine brighter,when granted the mechanical opportunity to nestle a kiss in it's belly. F&S did a nice piece on that,some time ago too.

Pics plagiarized,from that Article.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/IMG_1042.jpg[/img]

Kiss,find pressure and rock on. Hint.

Note that the 50V-Max has a better BC than the 64gr Nosler Goat [bleep] too. Just sayin'...and just mebbe,someone will be dumb enough to think it won't punch tags.(grin)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/2R8G8317.jpg[/img]

Always easy to ascertain who shoots and who don't,thus my affinity for F&S's in depth reporting and their keen eye in staying abreast of the times...if only in extrapolation.

Hell,there's some Magazines,who still "think" twist rates and boolit selection don't much matter!?!

Laffin'!