Well JohnMoses, not all of my rifles have shot so well. I have had some that would not, even after tweeking, loading, bedding, recrowning, etc.. you name it. Ones that come to mind were a flat minty Pre-64 Win 70 FW in 30-06 I hated to let that one go but it just would not group well, no matter what I fed it or did to it. Also the two WSMs I had, Kimber and Win 70, both were sink holes of time and money. Most any other guns I have I had I could get to shoot something really well after tuning the gun or the loads. The nicest thing about the two T3s I have owned is they were both hammers straight out of the box, no tweaking or loading needed. I sold my 300 Win Super Lite due to the recoil, a little much for me. Loving my 6.5 Swede T3.

I think there are really four main reasons Tikka's shoot so well , I will list them in the order which I think they impact the accuracy, from most to least.

1. Great barrels. The Sako made barrels are really nice, always have been. They use the same quality tubes on all the Sakos or Tikkas. I only bore scoped one, a Sako 85 Hunter in 260 Rem. The barrel was super smooth and the rifling well cut. As good as many custom tubes I have seen. My Rem 700 LTR in 308 I looked through right after the Sako 260 looked like a sewer pipe in comparison, but it shoots well also, but not as good as the Sako or my Tikka. The single most accurate rifle I have ever owned or seen shot was my factory Sako A1 6PPC with a light sporter barrel. I am still kicking myself for selling it but that is another story, it was a laser beam.

2. Long Barrel tenon. It supports the barrel really well, as good as many custom actions out there, the T3 tenon is longer than 700s or 70s..

3. The actions are very true due to great machining and stiff due to the smaller ejection port and the single feed design. The bolt lugs have VERY good and even contact. I have checked the Tikka lug contact on the two I have had. Both were very even with nearly full contact, basically as good as you would get with a gunsmith tuned and printed 700 .

4. Great triggers out of the box.

I only wish they had a top feed non detachable mag, that is the only thing I really dislike about the Tikkas.

For more info see this link, excellent Tikka info.

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com...r%20and%20Against%20the%20Tikka%20T3.pdf

Good luck all and be safe. Spence

Last edited by spence1875; 11/28/13.