I just bought 3 of the 1" c4 3-9's. They are in a deal for $199 at cabelas with free tactical rings. They were supposed to come with a generic straight moa elevation dial but actually came with one set up for 223/55g. I may end up sending them back if I can't get the plain moa dials for them. Must have been a special deal for cabelas but cabelas doesn't say they come with a 223 dial.

I came across a nice Montana in 270 wsm at a local shop the other day. The price was right so I picked it up thinking I'll rebarrel it to a 6.5 saum later. I had some range pick up brass for 270 wsm and thought I'd break the rule and shoot the donor just to see. Some of my customs haven't shot the best lately so I thought maybe I'll shoot this as is before putting a new barrel on it and rolling the dice again on an expensive bet.

I ended up putting one of the c4's I just bought on this Montana and throwing together a quick load with some 150 partition seconds and 7828. I ran out to the range, took a quick peek down the bore made some adjustments and was on paper at 100 with the first shot. I measured and gave it the adjustments and was zero'd for the next 3 shots which grouped just over 1/2 moa. Seemed like the clicks were on and it held a group.

I'm going to hold off on tearing this barrel off until I see if it'll do it again. For the money the c4 looks like it may have some potential too. I think the reticle is a bit busy but I'm a fan of either a standard duplex or a mildot and I don't like much else.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 11/29/13.