Originally Posted by robes
Ive looked at the stiller action but i already have the rem and vanguard so that is why i was asking, truthfully i dont think i can go wrong with either i was kinda looking for opinions if anyone else had this dilemma or if i was missing anything in my thought process as the is my first built gun

Gotcha�

You're right--both would work well. I put a PTG bolt in my Rem 700, also chambered in 30-06, but it's not really worth the money just to have a one-piece bolt. Why'd I do it? Just because I wanted to, really. I also had the 'smith install a 3-position safety for the 700.

I wouldn't worry about the integral lug, either. I would just use whichever one you favor as-is. I would probably use the 700, but that's because I have 10 years with a Rem 700 chambered in 30-06, and she and I are old friends now.

Nice choice on the chambering also. I have a barrel and a reamer out right now getting drilled into another 30-06, my second. It will be my 3rd rifle total. I bought the reamer from PTG also--it's the same reamer German Salazar talks about here, except mine has a .337 neck instead of the SAAMI .340 neck: http://riflemansjournal.blogspot.com/2012/05/cartridges-accuracy-secrets-of-30-06.html

I do ridiculous work with my 30-06�sort brass by neck thickness, turn necks�then I load up 180 grain Partitions. I do get some nice groups out of the Partitions at times, though, including some sub half inch 4-shot groups. But mostly I shoot about .75 inch groups on my good days, and inch and a half groups aren't uncommon. Haven't shot groups from a bench in a while though.