Originally Posted by robes
So does a new bolt say from pacific tool and gauge that has the sako or m16 extractor have these same issues or is it just altering the 700 bolt that causes this?

I can only speak to my experience with my 30-06 and PTG bolt with M16 mini extractor, but I haven't had any safety issues with the extractor or gas leaks.

I hand load to what I consider "safe" levels. I am pretty comfortable exceeding max book loads with IMR4350, as I've never seen pressure problems with IMR4350 and the 30-06. With Ramshot Hunter, Ramshot Big Game, H4350, and H4895 I am more cautious, mostly because I have less experience loading for the 30-06 with those powders. However, I am still comfortable loading to max book loads with those powders if I see accuracy improve.

I wonder what circumstances would create problems with the M16 mini extractor--70,000 PSI? I donno, but it would be a good experiment if one had a disposable properly configured rifle and pressure testing equipment.

I will say the M16 mini extractor does not eject cases as "positively" as the Rem extractor. My original Rem extractor would throw cases several feet, the M16 extractor drops them right next to me. That's the only difference I have personally seen.

If anyone has first hand knowledge of M16 mini extractor failure, I'd be happy to hear it.