Originally Posted by az_chocolab
Good job Scott and Nevada for the detailed review. It is interesting that you say the Metcalf allows for the most organization, but I find myself wanting MORE organization than the metcalf has. This is usually only when I'm not using the daypack lid with it during day hunts though. My biggest beef with the metcalf (MR Nice packs) is the base weight. All trade offs, I suppose. Weight, organization, and durability. Hard to do all and keep the weight down... All four packs look like they'd be great packs!

Ron

Comparing the Metcal to the other bags in the review, there was a LOT more organization. Primarily from the top lid, and we opted for the upgraded waist belt. The internal pocket was big enough to be functional as well. Some pockets can be too small and not good for much of anything.

I agree with your thoughts on the initial weight, it is high on all of their packs. I would be willing to bet money that they will be offering more lightweight options in the near future. I don't have any insider information, but my guess is that they are trying to get proactive and respond to the 3 companies that have packs that weigh half of what theirs do.

Last edited by sreekers; 01/01/14.