Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by TBREW401
We will soon see if he is "the best corner in the game"
I'd like to see him pick that arrogant Manning about five times.

I used to think he was "arrogant Manning" but the more he plays the more I like him. He's not arrogant, he's just [bleep] good! I think he has a good sense of humor but is just dry. There isn't a better scholar of the game than Manning.

You want to talk arrogant, look at what the FSU quarterback said post-game, talking about putting the team on his back. Manning would never say anything like that.

GTFO with that commentary

Here is what he said ..he sure sounds a lot like that arrogant prick Sherman I tell you.

Jameis, could you just talk about what it means to go down the field and score like that, not only just is it your birthday but to be able to do it against a team from Alabama, I believe four of the last National Championships have come from the state of Alabama. What does it mean to you to be able to do that?

JAMEIS WINSTON: I'm pretty sure people back home are going to say five championships in the state of Alabama because of me being from Alabama. Alabama people are going to try to keep it in their state however they can, but Florida State has the National Championship. It's the national champion. That drive, man, like I say, it really wasn't about me, man. It was about actually last practice before we came to Pasadena we were doing two minute. Coach Fisher kicked me off the field. He kicked me out of practice, and we won that game in two minute.

You struggled in the first half but you really turned things around in the second half becoming very effective. What accounted for that change?

JAMEIS WINSTON: Well, I had to go back to playing Florida State football, and that's one thing that I did in the Duke game, that's one thing that I did in the Miami game. As a quarterback you've got to always believe that you are never bigger than the game, and I was out there, I was so outcome oriented, I was like, man, I'm trying to blow these boys out. I had to remember, hey, I've got to respect the game. I've got teammates around me. I've got a team for a reason, so I can't go out there and do stuff by myself. I took the initiative in the second half, hey, guys, we're here for a reason, and I was like, I'm going to get on my 'A' game, I'm going to start doing what I need to do. We're not going to have any more turnovers. I said, guys, if we don't turn the ball over we're going to win the game, and we had one turnover in the first half and then in the second half we didn't turn the ball over, and we won.

Jameis, coach said you didn't have your 'A' game. What grade would you give that before the last drive?

JAMEIS WINSTON: You said I didn't have my 'A' game. Coach said that was the best game that I played. (Laughter.)

But the last drive, that's a great way to cap off our season. That's the way we wanted to cap off our season. You can ask Telvin here, we didn't want everybody to think - if we would have blew them out, people would be like, oh, Florida State, Auburn had an off game or something like that. But for us to physically line up, match them play by play, they played their best football in the first half, we played our best football, and we had some up and down moments and for us to overcome the adversity to show that, hey, Florida State is in here, and that last drive really showed it?