Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by RWE
Can someone answer me this:

Since the letters seem to be targeted towards specific people, with either restricted rifles or high cap magazines, HOW did the CSP get the list of whom to send letters to?

What list were they already on?

When you buy a firearm in CT you fill out a form DPS-3. That form is collected by the state they get one copy and the town you live in gets one. CT state police run the background checks using the FBI data base. So they know what you own.

So far nobody I know has received a letter yet. According to a few friends that are state troopers, the state is trying to get their ducks in-line before they make any moves. I don't see it coming to anything more then them barking. They know that at least 30% of troopers are pro-gun. They also know that close to 90% of special units troopers are pro-gun. They also know they can't look to town police because their numbers for most towns are much higher being pro-gun. That would leave the National Guard left to try to enforce confiscation. Highly unlikely and would open a can of worms never before seen.
Serious question here - Are you sure that the morons in CT's gov't know all that? I.e., can they be so clueless and arrogant that they go full speed ahead no matter what?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!