I bought my Geovids in 2009. I was in Manhattan, and bought them on site at NYCL's store. It's a different kind of wilderness area than most of us hunt in, but a staff member let me take them out the front door (with him accompanying me) and scan the horizon. I looked through the Geovids, and various high-end non-range-finding binos from Zeiss, Swaro, and Leica facing north up Lexington Ave. the furthest/smallest signs I could read with the Geos were also the furthest and smallest I could read with the other non-range-finding binos. I have (or at least had) better than 20/20 eye-sight at the time.

Of course, there could be some aberration in my experiment. It is specific to the particular binos I tried, and the 2009 models. It also says little about the color gradients accurately represented in the various binos I tried. But, as far as those binos on that day, I could read no smaller/further letter with the others than I could with the Leicas. I'm not saying there is not some difference or that someone might reach different results. I'm just saying that, if you're going to spend more than $2K or so on a set of binos, if you can do so, it is nice to be able to see what your own eyes will see out of the various models. If I had seen any significant improvement between the Geovids and other models, I would have bought soething else. In my particular case, and with the particular items I was looking through, I didn't. You're mileage may vary, but it would be a good idea to find out before you spend that much IMO.