I only have two shotguns for long range stuff like coyotes and ducks (used to shoot crows a lot when I lived in the East). Both are doubles, a Beretta Model 410 32" 10 Mag SxS and a Savage/Valmet Model 330 30" 12 Mag O/U. The Beretta is a little pricey to be messing with but I had the Savage reblued with a matte blue, and choke tubes fitted for steel some years ago. It kills 'em.

I'm very skeptical about the positive effect of camo on hiding guns from game. To me the main thing to avoid is SHINE and movement. Don't be waving a shotgun around until you are about to kill something with it. Birds sense movement really easily, and shine gets everything's attention. A neon pink gun would alarm game but dull blue, gray, black or green? I think not.

For me the main positive effect of "painting your gun" is weatherproofing and pride of ownership, although I've seen some paint jobs that nobody should be proud of!

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong