roundoak;
Thanks for the thread topic and thanks to those who've responded, it makes for some interesting reading for me to be sure.

Personally my favorite hunt would be mule deer in the high sagebrush bowls that run up against old growth Douglas Fir stands. The kinda county we see here.
[Linked Image]

Truthfully I don't hunt that country very often most years however, because typically it will only have mulies and black bears in it as far as big game.

We are quite spoiled here in BC in that we've got almost 3 months to chase big game and it's only from Nov. 11th onward that we'll only be chasing a single animal which is whitetail bucks. From Sept. 10 until then, we'll usually have a black bear tag, bull elk tag, bull moose tag, mule deer buck tag and lastly a whitetail buck tag in tow.

There's an area we haunt on the mountain behind the house that holds all of them and on any given morning in fall, if we're lucky we just might bump into any or all of them. Here it is on a November morning at first light - it's a lot "thicker" up here.
[Linked Image]

Anyway that's my choice, why I'd choose it and why I don't follow that choice many seasons - if that makes any sense? wink

Thanks again for the thread and all the best to you and yours this week.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 04/02/14. Reason: added info

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"