Originally Posted by super T
Mule Deer are my favorite. But, I'm only interested in real trophy sized bucks. For that reason I haven't killed a buck for several years even though I've had tags. I almost always get a bull elk, they're easy compared to a real trophy buck mule deer. Also like antelope, even like the way they taste. I'll have a tag for each again this year, so maybe, just maybe I'll see Mr. Big, If not I'll eat another deer tag.

I empathize and somewhat sympathize with you. I'm strictly a trophy hunter and I have been since 1973. In that 40-year span I've accrued a heck of a lot of un-punched tags across the United States, because I chose to not pull the trigger. Granted, I've killed more than a mere so-called "room full" of quality big game animals. But even still, I've also not "cut" a large number of tags because I also chose not to kill. That, in and of itself, is gratifying, though. For me, there's nothing quite like trophy hunting for an inconspicuously large male specimen or an incredibly old male specimen of big game.