Have a MSR Pocket Rocket that does not shut off. When the flame adjustment valve is firmly seated, the stove continues to simmer. I find this unsafe, as the only means to shut off the stove is to blow out the flames, and then, the stove is still running fuel. It takes a while to cool, yet, you need to disconnect the fuel cannister to keep it from wasting fuel, which makes for another hazard as the stove tends to be hot enough to melt or ignite something if disconnected while still hot. If you're busy and forget to come back to the stove after it cools down, you may later find the cannister has run empty.

I intend to contact the manufacturer to see if they have a fix, but would like some input from anyone here having a similar experience with this stove. I purchased this stove new over a year ago, but it was not used until recently when this issue became immediately apparent.

Thanks smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood