Originally Posted by smokepole
Sorry, but I'll just keep shooting elk with one of my T/C in-lines that shoots conicals well.

And I think you should! Because you got one that has a QLA cut straight and it shoots conicals well. Heck my brother got one too. However, MY Omega shoots conicals at a 5-8 inch group at 25 yards. Sent it back to T/C and they told me to shoot sabots. They told me there was nothing wrong with my barrel. I tried for 4 years, 3 different powders, wads, and many bullets. The ones that shot 8 inch groups was No Excuse bullets. Those bullets must be junk right?

So be happy you got a good one but be advised that many people have had problems getting conicals to shoot with the QLA that T/C has on all their modern inlines. So if you buy one that doesn't, you are SOL, because if you call them, they will tell you: "We don't guarantee they will shoot conicals"

That said, if you want to only shoot sabots, you can't find a better designed gun! And I killed my elk last year in Colorad with a T/C gun: my 50 cal renegade (no QLA)!

Last edited by txhunter58; 04/07/14.

Venor ergo sum