Peench that which is applicable outta JBM and spill your guts on how that data jives for you. I'm routinely amazed.

The Fixed [bleep] bring alotta nice things to the table. 40+ MILS of erector travel and another 10 MILS in the glass,don't suck for wayward pursuits. I'm a big fan of the rear mounted parallax adjustment and it's ability to focus soooooooo close,for threading needles. I'm not an X Slut,as I literally focus the big picture and am always happy to garner that feedback in real time,as it's happening. Seeing trace/impact,can't be lauded enough,as a muchly accelerated learning curve.

I like lotsa glass and strive to have more glass than rifles,though I'll roll 'em to/fro in R&D to see WTF...but I cain't like a nekked rifle,so don't have any.(grin)

While I've never been a Variable Guy,I notice myself perpetually getting further and further away from them and by design. I've no SFP qualm and actually prefer it,but happiness is Fixed Glass for me.

Never caught a good break on the wind,during the last R&R,but intent is still to garner some LR Rimfire footage through the glass...if only as conversation. Could see it bolstering Sales on more than a few thangs.(grin)

Hopin' the 40X finds some ammo it loves,as I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on that which transpires at 400+.