Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
Isaac, come on dude. Your an attorney, right? Are you trying to tell me that his water rights, improvements, cattle, and right to use of forage are not personal property rights? Take my advice in my above post. When you come back in a week, we all can have a nice chat. Take care. GOD Bless.
Careful with what you are calling personal property. The cattle, I agree are. The improvements may or may not be. If they were completed by him under a range use agreement, he does hold title to all or part of them. These have not been SOP for the BLM for quite some time. If done through a range improvement where, at most, his cost share was material or labor he does not own them, but can be compensated for his share if they are removed or the allotment closed. The "right" to forage may or may not pertain here as it did in Hage's scenario. That may depend on if the permits on base property or base water. With water rights, assuming they are on public land, are not being taken away.

Pointer,

All of these facts based on first hand experience and knowledge of grazing permit law are not helping. This is about emotion. grin

It has given me an idea though. As a lifelong farmer and rancher in the neighboring state of Utah, I rent some farm land from a neighbor and I dont think he is using the money that I pay him properly. So, I am going to fire him as my landlord and keep farming the land without paying my rent.

I will let you guys know how it works out. Heck, I may quit paying my property taxes on the whole ranch in protest of the jack booted county government.

Bob, I may need some pro bono help next year. grin

Chet

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen