My experience has been about the same as woods_walkers. I guess I've been in at least a 1/2 dozen different Cabela's stores over the years, maybe more, we usually try to hit a new/different one everytime we head west to hunt. If you shop the catalog much, it's a great way to try on hunting gear and look things over that you are interested in, saves ordering and having to send something back. Compared to a lot of stores, their salespeople seem to be a lot friendlier, and for the most part, if I've asked one a question they don't know the answer to, they've told me they don't know, but will go get someone for me that does, I can appreciate that kind of honesty. No store or buisness is perfect, but I've usually had good luck with them, and they are excellent at taking something back that you aren't happy with.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."