Top of the morning to you too, Dwayne. I hope you and yours are doing well also. It's snowing here!

I use wipeout mostly for removal of copper fouling, I find that it will normally remove all the copper in one application as long as I remove the bulk of carbon first.

I have a vise with big flat smooth jaws, lined with some thin outdoor carpet. I use that to clamp the barrel in with the muzzle pointed just slightly down. I place a trash can under the muzzle to catch the dirty patches and the wipeout when the excess comes out the muzzle.

So I'll run a few patches soaked with Hoppe's #9 first to knock out most of the carbon, then some dry patches to remove it.

The wipeout can comes with a clear rubber tube that I use to cram into the action, make sure you get it into the chamber and push it up against the shoulder to seal so the foam doesn't come back out into the action. Shake well, and hold the button down for less than a second; the foam will come out the muzzle in a few seconds. I hold the tube tight into the chamber until the foam stops expanding and coming out the muzzle; then cram a large patch into the chamber to keep the wipeout from running back into the action. As it works, it forms a liquid film that will run.

If I'm doing more than one rifle I'll put them in a rack almost horizontal, but just slightly muzzle down. And leave them overnight. I'll put a paper towel or a patch under the muzzle, you may get a few drips.

Then just run a few Hoppe's patches through in the morning, the first will come out bright blue. Unless there's no copper of course.

I've never seen it harm the paint on a stock, but then again, I don't think I've ever gotten any on a stock so I'm not sure about that.

Great stuff though, saves a lot of scrubbing for copper.

Good luck with it, and let us know how it works for you.

A wise man is frequently humbled.