Originally Posted by southtexas
79s: I think you and I may have had this conversation before, but I have an advanced case of CRS, known as CRAFT.

My 257 XTR FWT has a serial # of 1538xxx, but the pad says Winchester Repeating Arms. So that would make it a "transition" model, correct? Just curious. Really doesn't matter 'cause she ain't for sale.

I bought it new in about 81, and then gave it to my BIL in a fit of stupidity, because it wasn't CRF. A while back, just after I bought one of the new 257 M70 Shot Show Specials, he gave it back to me. I'm tickled to have it back! They both shoot 120gr Speers into very small groups and I'm a happy camper.

Yes it would be considered a transition model between the last WRA SN and last SN for 1981 USRACo only made 11,000 rifles so I'm assuming yours was one of the first ones made in 82 and USRACo advertised the featherweight with open sights as well

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.