Thanks buddy. I finally got a chance to shoot it yesterday right along side the pre 64 270 fwt. The XTR functions very well and shot almost as good as the pre 64. I'm still working on developing loads for the XTR, but it seemed to like the pre 64's 150gr. nosler partition load well enough. I wish I would have brought more along to try in the rifle blush. I thought I'd try some H4831 in it, but the IMR did better. Strangly enough, the pre likes the IMR 4350 better too.....Strange, I know. But what do you do?? :

This isn't great grouping from the XTR, but looks promising:
[Linked Image]

Wind was picking up, so the load development wasn't as good as I had hoped for. Here's one group shot with the H4831sc:
[Linked Image]

Working with new Winchester brass too. Next time out, I'll run the same loadings and see what happens. I'll also try some once fired brass thru this rifle now. Keep in mind the barrel is still in it's "break in" phase too. Also, first 3 shots in every group measured less than 1" (closer to 3/4": Used the orange dot as a reference). 5 shot groups are fired 1 right after the other and most times between wind gusts (if and when possible)...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA