Being a long time many decades fan of the late Jack O'Connor, I read in one of his books of his giving the M77 high accolades. I wonder if he'd to that today? Sometimes a man just gets tired of having to do this and that to most all rifles to get them to shoot well. Everything from re-bedding to trigger work. Maybe it's just a pipe dream but I think, although I really know better, that a manufacturer should deliver a product to a customer without his having to take out the barrel/action to do any of the above. I guess that's just not the real world. Sako is the only brand I've never had to do anything but mount scope, work up loads and get great consistent groups.

I had to change the trigger spring on my pre-64 270 Winchester and after that it was great at 2lb 12oz. I had a Remington 700 that no mater what you did to it it just would not shoot under 1 1/2" at 100 yards. Worse rifle I ever had. I've never had a Savage so can't testify to that one. Ditto on the M77. I've only read of the terrible trigger.

Kids are for people that can't have dogs