Well, I learned a couple of things this afternoon at the gun club. The good news is that my two older Sako Action custom gopherblasters were still exactly dead on the money and still easily making itty bitty groups do that was a plus. My Browning BT-22 Lever action was also spot on and put ten shots into one ragged hole in the dead center of the bullseye at the 25 yard mark so that one is ready for Ground squirrel blasting.

But then, I began to fire a 25 yard group with mynew to my 329PD and my mini mental monsoon idea of coating the Lead cast and lubed bullets with Molybdenum Disulfide powder in the impact plating method. As it turns out, that stuff IS very slick and slippery. SO very slick that despite a pretty hard roll crimp of the case into the upper crimping groove, my revolver was locked up after three shots with the formerly normal length loads now protuding outside and past the front of the cylinder. That means, all dead STOP until I could clear it.

Part of the problem is that my handload of 10.0gr of Unique with 260gr bullets is quite snappy. I may want to back off a tad on the powder charge as these loads are not yet comfortable to shoot in the revolver. That in and of ittself may help solve the problem. I will try this along with stiffening up the roll crimp and try to crush fit the case mouth into the bullet a bit more.

It MIGHT not be possible to keep those Moly coated bullets to stay down in the case, regardless of what I do. More experimenting in soon to come and be reported on here if anyone else is interested.

Despite todays setback, I do plan to try and figure out a way to run thise Moly'ed bullets if I can.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500