I've pretty much decided on a formal wrought iron entry gate and a bump gate at the other end of the property. It will open automatically when any vehicle approaches and close upon their leaving.

You're right they are not that expensive compared to 2,250 feet of wire and post fencing and five interior gates they would replace.

I am fully aware of the damage deer will do to grape vines, that is why I am investing in fencing and gates before vines arrive in June.

This is a professionally designed, installed, and operated vineyard, not a "hobby" vineyard. I am under no illusions that it will turn a profit anytime soon. It is a legacy thing, something for The Wife and I to enjoy while we are alive and then pass on to the next generation.

We will have income from the winery/tasting room to offset some of the expenses. And,once the vineyard is in production, we will have very significant tax advantages. This is not a get rich quick scheme. It is capital and labor intensive but provides a wonderful and intense lifestyle much better than spending our money on world cruises. (Besides The Wife refuses to fly commercial.)

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.