I recently had a conversation with an elder concerning concealed firearms in church. In Ohio it is a felony to carry in a place of worship without there permission. What he told me was that those on the council stated that they would not be comfortable with people carrying concealed weapons, not even a select few.

So I wrote this on my Facebook page, which is read by many in the church:

Sitting here thinking about a recent conversation. Someone told me they and others wouldn't feel comfortable with people carrying handguns in church. They might even be afraid.

Really, that's funny.The thing is I go about my day, walking around shopping, talking to people, giving a smile and receiving one. Yes, just a pleasant person.

Except

I'm carrying a handgun, sometimes two, most of the time.

So do you feel different now? Are you afraid? Am I not still the good Christian man I always was? Am I less pleasant? If you hugged me and felt it, would you recoil in horror? What difference does it make really?

Well, one I guess, you'd be safer by me. Why you ask? Because I'm still the man who would fight for you.

You see, this gun does not make me evil, it has no power to do that. Nor is it evil, because it is just an object. It is a tool, nothing more or less. It just so happens that it is a tool I use very well.

Last edited by Armednfree; 04/23/14.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.