Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
My pastor and I, along with our wives, went and took our CHL class together and I loaned them my extra Colt. The school principle went with us! Yes, I have a letter stating I can carry at church and have actually been asked to do so on several occasions - I don't make it a habit to carry at church as I really never felt the need to. I have several friends that do regularly.

Strange, I thought there was an increase in assaults in gun free zones and that there have already been several instances of killers doing their deed in churches. I would think that would be one of the more important places to carry one.

Kinda my thinking on the topic. My pastor and friend specified that he preffered me to pack my full size 10mm vs my pocket 380 each Sunday and most Sundays I do.

Jeff Cooper wrote about the silliness of not carrying to, in and from Church decades ago. And that was BEFORE the recent spate of shootings in houses of worship.

If one could predict where tragedy or evil was going to strike we would either 1) avoid that time and place or 2) bring a good long gun to that same time/place.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500