Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I never owned a 50mm objective scope until a couple of years ago (Zeiss Diavari and a Conquest). I always thought they were a little bulky and really did not add anything meaningful (exit pupil) as far as shooting light was concerned, but now I kinda like em. Don't know if it's my older eyes or what. I do a lot of hunting from treestands and tower stands, so toting a few extra ounces is not an issue.

How about you?

I have a 4-16x50mm that's been on a couple of rifles. It works just fine and I have no issues with it. The technical answers have all been given - stock configuration, hunting at night, medical issues. I don't see why people think that they are silly, useless or unnecessary. Whatever works, right? It's a personal choice.

Ths isn't directed at you Sakoluvr, but for some of the others: Why would you call someone down just because they use a 50mm scope? Especially when you don't know the circumstances? There are European hunters that would take issue with a fixed 4 or a small 32/40mm lense. If it feels good, do it.

De gustibus non disputandum.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]