Whn we spread pout in the morning looking for fresh marks to start ,sometimes we see the deer. We leave it alone as we are there to hunt it with the dogs
Look ,if it was an absolute thumper , i wouldn't mind o if someone hadn't shot a deer , but it is best we leave them be
[Linked Image]
Here's a photo ofa deer Dick shot , i saw it in the morning further up the creek on the low sie of the road, Broadside on , he was an easy shot. He had done us the previous week s we had a plan to get him.
There is big body of water nearby hat he likes to get to and swim across.
We had already put people in the saddles up higher.
Putting Bobbie ,my blue heeer X on a lead i went around to the road and started jogging around to where i thought the deer had crossed.
Radioing at the same time for the hounds.
I didn't need to look for the marks as bobbie would show me where the deer had crossed.
She pulled me sideways at the crossing point and the marks were just walking up the gully.
The hounds were with me within 5 minutes and they roared as the red hot scent filled their noises. Straight up the gully they went for only a few minutes,Dick ,George and i had spread out to cover his path to the water behind us.
The hounds were roaring and putting on the pressure and he turned.
Running back to the cossing point Dick hit him hard with a couple shots and he went 200 yards before dropping
We had our deer