Had another great weekend in the old crew. Took our annual trip to shoot ground squirrels and took my 11yo daughter. She did great! Really enjoyable having her along to join in on the fun. Didn't whine or complain about anything and did really well handling the gun all on her own.
[Linked Image]

The wind was horrible yesterday. Constant 25 with gusts upwards of 35 I'd guess. Sitting out in the sun while the wind blows dust in your face and the shooting is a little slow can really be a downer. But she hung in there the whole time and was excited to shoot more on Sunday. My buddy that came with us was impressed. Here she is having a fantastic hair day.
[Linked Image]

We hit a deer (yearling doe) on the way up at about 60-65. I saw her and scrubbed a little speed but I still wasted her. She hit the right front of the bumper which bent and whacked the fender. Left fur on the tie rod end, drag link end and front shackle. Kind of a bummer, but I was glad we were in my big ole junk pile.

I'm still loving the shell. It really makes it nice having room for all the crap we end up taking on our hunting trips. I have it almost down to a science as far as juggling all the stuff. With the sleeping platform, the hunting stuff fits underneath, ice chests get strapped to the side (and are accessible) and the sleeping stuff gets left in a tent at the campsite. It may not be the best looking thing, but man it sure works good. Fuel mileage was down quite a bit, but a 20 mph headwind wasn't helping it out any. That and I was hauling butt most of the time.
[Linked Image]

"Dad, that's a big drawer."
"Yes it is. I bet you could fit in there."
"Could I eat my lunch in there?"
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Higbean; 05/05/14.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.