I have a 2009, 420 rancher and have placed a ball plate holder on the front like on the back. I wanted to put a receiver on but couldn't find a factory made one available for the Honda. There is an aftermarket plate you can get that fits behind the front grill on your frame. You will see three 3/4" holes which are designed to anchor the support plate. No welding needed. The ball plate (Holder) then extends through the grill around 8" and is supported with arms to the main frame. It works great and makes pushing small trailers, wagons and log splitters easy work. I will try to find out where I purchased the device, there is no name on it. It is just a plate like you will find on the back of your unit, but it works. I use a come-a-long when riding by myself since I usually only have to move the bike a few feet to free it up.

You could have a steel plate made to weld a receiver hitch to that would anchor to the frame using the three holes I used for my plate. I love having a ball on the front. It was worth the trouble.