Originally Posted by southarkrob
I see a big need for the Bkout/Whisper in supersonic form.. it has very little muzzleblast and recoil. That translates into an awesome kid deer rifle. In my neck of the woods a lot of people set their kids up with either a .223 or a .243 as their first deer rifle. I do my best to try and sway them the other way.. every time a youngster shows up at my farm with a .223 I know if they shoot..we are in for a long track job. The last one took an hour and a half with a behind the shoulder shot on a big doe.

X39 filled that niche easily for lots of kids around here. AND plinking ammo was cheap....

No way I'd go whisper just for that use, well if I wanted a can on it yes.

If you have to track with a 223 you better rethink bullet choice or shot location. Same with 243. I've had more bang flops with 243 than with ANY other round, including a lot of mags and even ran light and fast in some of them to see if it mattered.

Hour and a half to find a deer means shot location was behind the shoudler, but how far... or piss poor bullet choice.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....