Obviously you don't know me or anything about me or anything about where I have or have not lived! I used to be a wildlife manager in an area with over 100 deer per square mile; I used to issue hundreds of deer damage permits; I used to have to fence my garden to keep deer and other critters out; My wife and I and other friends and family members have hit deer with out vehicles and had to pay our insurance deductibles; I never said that deer are never a problem and cannot, at times, be a nuisance in areas.

Funny, hunters are the first ones to complain when the "game department" wants to 'shoot off all the deer' and 'they don't know what I know cuz THEY'RE not out there like I am' and 'those idiots don't know how many deer there are' (but I do...cuz I'm a....plumber, or truck driver, or carpenter, or lawyer, or salesman!). Saddlesore, I enjoy most of the input you provide to this forum. You have a lot of experience with horses, with hunting, etc. You have also been one to bash wildlife managers on the forum...

Deer AND elk are valuable wildlife resources that can and should be managed so they DONT become social problems. They're not worthless "rats" that should be treated like vermin...