Just two examples among others;but I was on the scene when a little huntress dropped a big 6x6 in mid bugle with a 160 NPT from a 7mm Rem Mag at about 500 yards.He was killed so abruptly that he just about bounced.....shoulder shot, in and out and done.

This was in the days when we didn't know we were handicapped without a plastic tip,and had not read that NPT's lacked the accuracy and BC for that type shooting smile

My last bull 4-5 years ago was hit through the shoulders with a 160 NPT from a 7mm Rem Mag at about 180 yards.He was dumped mid stride and cascaded down the mountain for 60-70 yards...pretty dramatic to watch. Again,in and out the other side.

I point this out to bring up something about the 160 NPT that I have noticed about Partitions,in other weights and calibers, and that is that,quite frequently and regardless of distance(out to 500 yards,as far as I have used them), you are going to get the expansion AND the penetration with frequent exits(not always, I have recovered a few),regardless of distance.But penetration has never been lacking.

This is something that may be hard to duplicate with other designs,and can be very helpful dealing with large animals at close range should the need arise..

Whether the AB always does this I have no idea; I have only used one on an animal. frown

Last edited by BobinNH; 07/22/14.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.