Originally Posted by jmillo
My uncle and a buddy of his have probably 6 moose and as many elk they've killed with 160gr partitions out of 7 mags. Very effective bullet in the .284 caliber.

My elk hunt starts on Sept 13. I have about 90 160 grain 7MM Rem Mag Paritions loaded with 67 grains of H-4831, a load that I got out of data that was printed in the 70's. It is completely safe in my Sako. In fact, I could increase it were I inclined. But I'm not. I'll take it as it is. I've chrono'd it at better than 3100 FPS. I did buy a hundred 175 grain Partitions. I'm not going to load then. I'll use the 160 grain Partitions I have.

BTW, my worst shot was on a mule deer buck. I usually hunt mule deer with my .270 Win. But my brother was using it. So I used my 7MM Rem Mag with 160 grain Partitions. At about a 100 yards I hit a buck square in the gut. No excuses: it was a horrible shot. He dropped immediately. I did have to shoot him again. I hate second shots. Anyway, I was impressed with the Partition's ability to drop game with horrible shots. I hope to God that I never repeat such horrible shooting.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***