This week I got my two rifles I've been anxiously awaiting for. I struggled for a long time to get my LH Winchester M70 in .338 Magnum to shoot consistently even though I should have given up on that tube a long time ago, I decided to have our own Redneck put a tube on the rifle and have Eddie to the Cerakote.

The vital stats: 24" Pac Nor 1-10" twist SS barrel, Winchester Factory contour. Williams extractor, McMillan supergrade stock (standard fill). Williams SS bottom metal. Swarovski Z3 3x10x42mm Scope in Talley UL rings. Gun is 8 1/3# as pictured. I've not settled on a load just yet but a stout charge of RL 22 with a 180g Ballistic Tip is producing some real nice groups. I'm really happy with how it turned out and the work done by Redneck and Eddie.

My other is a project a LONG time in the makings. In 2007 I bought a Remington SPS youth rifle in .243 as a donor project. Well, I shot the donor and hunted with it for quite a few years. It is a Mike Rock 1-11.25" 5R barrel cut to 20" in .308 Win. Jewell trigger, Bat Guard, boltwork by Kampfeld.

The gun was built and cerakoted by Robert Gradous, and he did a great job. It was great being able to spend the day at his place and watching him put the rifle together. Assembled and scoped it weighs 7# 4oz and shoots amazingly well for a compact rifle.

Right now it's wearing a Leupold VX-3 in 2.5x8. I bought a 3x9x36mm Swarovsi Z3 scope that didn't want to track or print very nice groups so it's on the way back.

Here they are

[Linked Image]