Paul_C: DON'T be a pussy!
None of the other folks I have met from the great state of South Carolina have been such - and you should step right up and post a manly post regarding the "260 Remington versus the 25/06 Remington" if thats in you!
I will go ahead and answer your newly induced and hopefully realized NEW posting by saying the following: I have owned several 25/06 Rifles over the years and currently own and Hunt with three Rifles in caliber 25/06 Remington.
I think the 25/06 Remington cartridge is a superb "medium" Big Game round.
And this, I will ADMIT that when I bought my first and only Rifle in 260 Remington that I was NOT especially enthusiastic about its performance possibilities afield!
I will take this opportunity to publicly admit I was way wrong in my trepidation over this 260 cartridge!
I have now killed Mule Deer, Antelope, Coyote and Whitetailed Deer with my Remington 700 VLS Rifle in 260 Remington caliber.
I am now a PROPONENT of the 260 Remington but would like to get a little more first hand experience with it before I definitively compare it to the 25/06!
I will also say this, I have seen several Elk harvested with the 25/06 Remington as well as a few Black Bear - I have not seen or done so myself any Elk or Black Bear harvested to date with the 260 Remington.
Again - no time for trolls or crapstirrers hereabouts - if you have a question then simply man up and ask it.
Keep up the good work Big Green by introducing interesting, useful and effective centerfire cartridges (like the 260 Remington and the 25/06 Remington) from time to time!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy