I posted this on several forums, and you'd be surprised by some of the responses. If more people think like this guy we should be worried!

I haven't read into this aside from this thread so pardon me if I am missing something, but what is the big deal if lead ammunition is banned on federal land? I only deer hunt and when I do I shoot 308. I can buy a box of 100% copper ammunition for under $10 more than lead per box of 20. I take one or two deer a year and rarely miss. At most I figure I fire 5 rounds a year while in the woods. Ammunition used to sight a gun in can be lead since I imagine you won't be doing it on federal land so those 5 rounds would be all that I would be required to be lead free. That only adds up to an extra $2.50 a year if lead ammunition was banned. I know that plenty of people hunt a lot more than me but from where I sit I don't see the big issue. Like I said before, is there something I am missing or is the price difference the only complaint against banning lead ammunition?

If people can't/won't get a clue that this issue is deeper than copper and lead, we could possibly loose this battle.