< strapping on nomex shorts>

guys, the lead issue is real. Many scavenger birds are feasting on gut piles. Our lead bullets are fragmenting. There may only be a small amount of lead in the piles, but it is enough. Many of these birds are very sensitive to lead - for example, California condors and bald eagles. When a condor with a radio collar stops moving, they go out and find it, take it in, remove the lead from its blood, and put it back out. . Eagles aren't so lucky. Many are found sick and are put down, a few can be saved, but many are never found. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Utah all are seeing bald eagles with lead poisoning. Even Google knows about "eagle lead poisoning"

One endangered specie, another one that people consider a symbol of wilderness. . How long will it be before a judge or the EPA decides on the ban?

I strongly support the shooting sports. I was a skeptic, but I am also a scientist, and know several veterinarians. My research suggested that there was a problem; my vet friends confirmed my suspicions. I hunt, I shoot lead, but am switching to the non-toxic bullets before some judge makes me do it. As someone above pointed out, the cost isn't that much greater. Performance wise I think the non-toxics are better than lead. As sportsmen, I think it is up to us to minimalize collateral damage. If we get out and support the non-toxic movement, we have the high ground. It is up to us to do the right thing.

Look into this issue for yourself. We need to be able to fight back with facts.

Now I'm going to run for cover!