Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I've sprayed a lot of dogs.

It's never not worked.

If I'm on foot I invariably have one or more of my heelers with me, in part because IME inbound vicious dogs will focus on them rather than me.

In the past twelve years or so I must have had hundreds of run ins with loose dogs, almost all of which can be bluffed off with eye contact, body language and loud reprimands.

Two pits, one boxer, two rottweilers, and one big yellow mutt: All I can recall off the top of my head where I actually had to resort to bear spray. I must be forgetting a couple of instances, I thought I had used it eight times. Worked every time, it seems the sudden blast startled them as much as anything.

The cans shoot low though, so aim at the dog's tail over the back if you want to catch them in the face.

~fifty bucks each time to replace, but still cheaper than the vets or an emergency room visit, and much less potential legal hassle than shooting someone's dog.

Birdwatcher

If I can spray an aggressive dog, I do. If for no other reason I think it might help instill a bit of fear into the dog regarding humans.

Plus I just like spraying them.

Texas is overrun with stray dogs, and San Antonio is fuggin' horrible. When I lived in Uvalde I'd run past certain homes that I knew had some worthless POS sitting in the front yard. Their dogs would usually be sitting there with them.

As you ran by they'd give chase and I'd go full sprint mode. When they get right up to your heels you just hold that can over the opposite side hip and let 'er rip.

Watch those stupid fuggs just roll and yip and ki-yi. I loved it. I like to think they go straight home and rub that schit all over the owner and the owner's belongings.

It's the little things life that keep us happy. The little things...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house